Third Wednesday (#thirdwednesday on twitter) is a monthly informal networking event. There is no RSVP or membership, just show up at Foggy Goggle on Argyle Street between 5-7 PM on the third Wednesday of the month.
Today’s topic was Twitter and how local Halifax businesses use twitter to interact with customers and clients. It was facilitated by Michelle Yogis (@myogis). Highlights of comments made:
- Many local businesses in Halifax are active on twitter
- No measurable ROI at the moment
- There must be a single person behind a corporate twitter account – the interaction needs to be personal
- Main value comes through building relationships and branding, no immediate increase in sales
- Twitter should be considered in an integrated marketing plan and not on its own
Over 35 people attended the August meeting. A few prizes were given away in a mini-contest, where answer to questions were submitted through twitter (although the questions themselves were not).
All in all I think it is a great, relaxing event to meet locals from all industries who are passionate about the Internet, the Web, and the new social communication tools online.