- Map caching has been optimized, providing faster map load time
- The map projections has been switched Mercator, the industry standard for online interactive maps. The streets now look more natural at zoomed-in levels.
- All Empire Theatre listings in Canada now include showtimes. Try a search for showtimes in Toronto, or movies in Halifax to get a list of the Empire Theatres in the city, along with other relevant results.
- All user contributed business listings and updates, as well as suggested related web sites have been included in this release.
- Web 2.0 fever has you? Feel compelled to share a business or a results page with family and friends? It is easy to do so using the ‘share’ menu. You can post pages on Facebook, MySpace, and StumbleUpon just to name a few.
In a recent media announcement of this release, I was quoted saying:
If there is a feature that you’d love to see on our Local but we don’t have it yet, let us know through the feedback link on the website. We are committed to improving our platform to better service the end users.
And it is true! I take user feedback very seriously and read every single one of them. So make sure you let me know what you’d like to see in the next release. Who knows, the Genie might grant your wishes.